Let Faith Arise

"You are called into greatness. As a royal daughter of God, you are engineered for eternity, designed to make a difference. No one can take your place in God's heart, in His Kingdom, in His family. All through eternity, you will still be bringing delight to God and smiles to the faces of your brothers and sisters who dearly love you. Filled with the wisdom of the ages, every word that comes from your mouth will impart encouragement and life to those around you.

But don't expect to start out with a limousine and bodyguards. The path to your true potential seldom starts with glitter and glamour, nor does it begin with an infinitely complex problem to solve. Instead, it starts right where you are, with the mundane stuff of everyday life. There you form the strength of character that God requires for the great assignments He has waiting for you. A simple act of obedience, a kind word, a selfless deed.... these are the building blocks of greatness. Every day, as you spend time with God, He is fashioning you for your ultimate destiny. You are being trained to rule. We start small, but we don't stay there."
-- Alone in God's Presence (A 365 Daily Devotional Journal)


"...I realize that all of this is scary and that there are a lot of unknowns and also a lot of safe-to-assumes for afterwards that are possibly even more scary... But once you are well and strong, you'll see them for the tiny little grains of sand that they truly are instead of the mountains that they appear to be right now." -- L.P

I have been putting off the School of Ministry application for long enough, because I am scared. God is calling me to go; to surrender the charade I've been holding on to for dear life. I need to admit that this charade does not define me. I am a strong, beautiful, passionate daughter of God. Instead, I've been hiding behind illness and defeat. I need to strip out of my blood-stained rags and put on the white robes that Christ has prepared for me. I need to stop letting fear be my motivator and let opposition beat me down. ENOUGH.

SoM will weed the rotten roots in my heart and then replace all the soil with fresh, nutrient-rich soil so that my spirit will shine through regardless of circumstances, and I will produce life-giving fruit. Please pray for me. Pray for God to show His faithfulness by taking care of the details. Max needs someone to look after him, and I still don't have all the money for tuition. Pray that God gives me courage and strength, and that I am able to fight against the opposition that is coming my way. I am so close to a breakthrough. I can feel it.

"The thing that will be most amazing about you going to the school of ministry will be that those roots will be taken care of. Not because of anything the people there are going to do necessarily, but because you will be seeking God out daily in a much more intentional and intense way than you could on your own at home... and that's when those roots are going to come right out and that's when the healing you are desiring and longing for and needing, is going to come. Being in the presence of God continually is going to make such a difference and I encourage you to push for that rather than letting your unhealthy roots grow." -- L.P


With God, it is impossible to fail.



Comments