Home

This dwelling place of mine
Has such a destiny…
At first just a place to dine;
To stay temporarily.
Then as time passed ,
My roots began to spread
I realized this at last
Was more than a place to lay my head.
Both of us, we grew
As corny as it may seem.
It represents all I’ve been through
It’s like we’ve been a team.
I just moved back in
After a year of being away
The place looks amazin’
‘On point’, as one might say.
I asked God what He has for me
In this place that I call home.
Things not seen physically
Unlike new faucets made of chrome.
It will be a meeting place
With divine encounters of His love
A refuge and a safe space
Protected by God above.
A greenhouse for growing,
A peaceful place to recover
I’ll be hidden under His wing.
Tucked in close to my Lover.
A place to rest and pray,
Soak in the presence of the Lord
I’m so blessed on this day
To live in a place I can’t afford.
He’s faithful, kind and great,
To Him be all the glory.
It was definitely worth the wait
To begin the next chapter of my story.


Comments