School of Ministry

My goal for September is to be attending the School of Ministry. This school is run by my church, and is for people between the ages of 18 and 35. Their mission is to "inspire students into deeper intimacy with Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit; through healing of the heart and a personal devotional lifestyle. In a loving and challenging environment [they] focus firstly on character growth and then on spiritual giftings by bringing the ministry of the Word and the Spirit together. [They] nurture leaders with kingdom mindsets and kingdom lifestyles to release the power of the Holy Spirit in [the students'] everyday lives."

I first heard about this school when I went to my very first Heavy Rain conference in 2010. At first I didn't think anything of it. It was during that same conference that I was born again, and over the next few months as I got more involved with Catch the Fire, I met people who had been and had great things to say about it. As I dove deeper into God's love, it was put on my heart to really consider the school. I am so thirsty to know Him and His heart. I have such a passion and desire to follow God and share His love with others. I want everyone to know how loved we are. The world is certainly on its last leg and more than ever we need revival and hope.

The school runs for 5 months. There are 4 months of classes and then roughly about 3 weeks of outreach which is usually overseas. Although there are a few campuses around the world, the school I am applying to is right here in Toronto. Living on campus is mandatory. The curriculum includes classes that address life's hurts, hearing God, journaling, developing spiritual gifts, leadership skills, setting boundaries, evangelism and preparing for outreach. They also touch on worship, prayer, church planting and various types of ministry.

The idea of attending SoM is so exciting! I'm currently working on the application form which is very in-depth and personal. I know that I will grow leaps and bounds spiritually through this school, as well as develop my life skills such as public speaking, leadership and boundary setting. I am hoping to gain confidence in my abilities, become more independent, and boost my self esteem. As nervous as I'll get being out of my comfort zone, I'm also very excited about the opportunity to grow more in the Lord.

I will be submitting my application within the next couple of weeks. To be honest, I am hoping to have it finished before I leave for Iceland with my grandparents next week. I have not been so passionate for anything in my life as I have been for God. I want to be able to love on and encourage others in the same way I have been loved on an encouraged to get me where I am today. My main concern right now is money, because the school is not free.

The tuition for SoM is $7200. This is a lot for me and I'm trying my best to be faithful that Daddy will provide. I have already been promised $2500 from my sweet grandmother, and I've managed to save around $500. This puts me at $3000, which I am so grateful for but those of you who are good at math know that I still need to come up with $4200, ideally by the end of August. I am willing to part with some of my things. I'm already thinking about selling video game accessories and games, as well as other electronics that I know I could do without. I might even have a few pieces of furniture (I have to take a look). I have also been painting and knitting.

I really need prayer for financial blessing. I have already reached out to my family and now I am reaching out to my church family and friends. This is so important to me, and I don't really have a plan B. I am just putting my trust in God that everything will come together if it's meant to be.

Comments