Purpose

God is the perfect Father who never brings children into the world without providing for them.

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. --Ephesians 4:11-12 

In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well.
If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. --Romans 12:6-8

It is the Holy Spirit who gives us the divine ability to fulfill our God given purpose. Your motivation, strength and inspiration must come from Christ.

For some reason when people talk about their spiritual giftings, I draw a blank. What exactly are mine? I wait day in and day out for God to reveal to me what His plan for me is and what tools He'd like me to use along the way. I have ideas of what I'd like to do, but nothing that I feel I can currently do is satisfying to me. I wait and wait in anticipation for my boss to give me the big assignment I'll be working on. Until then, I just make myself look busy.

When I had coffee with my cell group leader last week (bubble tea, actually), she commented on how she recognizes discernment as one of my spiritual gifts. She also identifies me as a teacher. Of course it's her personal opinion but as somewhat of a mentor to me, I take her opinion seriously. Back in January, I was also told by a stranger that I have a lot of wisdom and am able to discern what is of God and what is not. Why is it that I have such a hard time recognizing the gifts God has already given to me? Perhaps My confidence needs some boosting.

Today will be the last day of not enough and feelings of insufficiency. I am capable beyond my imagination because I am a work of His creation. I need to start where I am and trust that God in His awesome power will supply all my needs for a successful journey.

God please open my eyes and show me the things that are within my reach but hidden from me. Please release the potential You have deposited in me. Please reveal the resources, connections, knowledge, talents, gifts, and helpers that You have already blessed me with so that I can take the first step.

Take what you're good at and bless the world.


Some administer, some lead, some pray, some follow. But all help to heal brokenness to make the body of Christ stronger. The church is not a hotel for the righteous but a hospital for sinners.

Comments